Party: Running for Brews - Holiday Extravaganza Part 2: White ElephantMain page > Running for Brews Charleston > Running for Brews - Holiday Extravaganza Part 2: White Elephant
You will be the first one to know when pictures are uploaded!
Come join us on Wednesday for part 2 of our holiday extravaganza! Bring a wrapped gift worth $10 or less if you want to participate in our white elephant gift exchange. We'll have christmas beers and some christmas cookies too :) holiday attire encouraged.
See you Wednesday!!
White elephant gift exchange rules:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool ($10 or less)
2. Players draw names to determine what order they will go in - we will be drawing numbers
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile - we will also be drinking
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
To keep things moving along, there are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
-A present can only be stolen once per turn (you can't just steal a gift right back)
-After a gift is stolen 3 times it's frozen and it can't be stolen again.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift, except for frozen gifts. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.